Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just For Mom

Today was a great day, the weather was beautiful and there was a "Think Pink" walk for Breast Cancer Awareness in Downtown Opelika for the East Alabama area. The money raised from the walk goes to help women in this area get mammograms who otherwise would not be able to afford it. Abi and I walked together (and a friend of hers joined us), to honor our Mom.
Back in June when I started learning about this disease I realized that you can never be too careful and today my eyes were really opened to see so many people affected by this disease, but on a positive note there were A LOT of survivors there and my prayer is that next year Mom will be able to join us for the walk.
Here we are with the signs we wore on the back of our shirts, the signs say
"Walking in honor of my Mom"
Ashley (Abi's friend that joined us, thanks), Me & Abi

We had a great time being together and I have prayed all week for sunshine because the weather forecast was not looking good and the good Lord just blessed us with a bright sunshiny day and I as I stood there with my sister who is so special to me praying and clapping to the music, I just prayed that our Mother will be healed and that she will feel like herself again REAL soon.

WE LOVE YOU MOM!!!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is too late to donate? Y'all did a wonderful thing!
Tammy

meredith.street said...

What a great day to honor your Mom and all the women affected by breast cancer. Pretty in Pink!

Elyse said...

Yay! Awesome - so sweet, too. I've prayed that your mother will be able to join you next year, too.