Saturday, May 15, 2010

Relay for Life in Decatur

This post might be a little long but our family (minus Jack) went to the Relay for Life in Decatur last Friday night and it was GREAT!!!
We got to celebrate the recent news of Mom being CANCER FREE and this journey that our family has been on.
I am not going to thank individual people because I might forget someone but I do want to thank all of the people who gave money to our team and the American Cancer Society, all of the people who donated items to our team, all of the friends/people who came out that night & supported at home with their prayers, Danielle Shirley the team captain for making the whole night so special for Mom and to all of the DHS students who gave up a Friday night to come be with one of their teachers what a special gift.
Most of all I want to thanks to my Mom for all that she has taught me while she has been on this journey. She has taught me to always be strong, do not complain, have a positive attitude, HAVE A GREAT FAITH IN GOD, believe in miracles. Our family has certainly been blessed over the last year and I cannot begin to thank everyone enough for the love & support but the journey has really just begun.
Mom was picked to be the Honorary Chariperson that night and she gave such an inspirational speech.
Mom's Cookie Cake



Mom waving to her team as she passed by on the survivor lap!!!

Mom giving her speech

Our Tent

Mama G (Mom's mother), Mom, Alan & Dad

Alan, Dad & Mom

One of the Luminaries for Mom

A Luminary for Mom's Father


Luminary for Mom's Grandmother

Luminary for Mom's Step-dad

1 comment:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

I teared up when I saw your whole family walking the survivor/care taker lap. Your mom is such an inspiration!